ARDEX S 1-K™ One-Component Waterproofing and Crack Isolation Membrane
S 1-K One-Component Waterproofing and Crack Isolation Membrane
One-Component Waterproofing and Crack Isolation Membrane is an easy-to-use, single-component, load-bearing waterproofing compound that produces a flexible, positive-side waterproof coating for all common interior building substrates requiring protection from topside water exposure that could damage tile installations. It also provides an excellent bonding layer for ARDEX tile and stone setting materials. ARDEX S 1-K can also be used for crack isolation up to 1/8″ (3 mm)*.
- Flexible, topside waterproofing for interior floors and walls
- Very easy-to-apply, 2-coat system; paint roller or brush
- Easy to install with a paint roller or brush
- Use for bathrooms, showers and other wet areas prior to the installation of tile
- Highly workable consistency; minimal drips and splatters
- Crack isolation up to 1/8″ (3 mm)
- Bonds to a wide range of substrates
- Meets or exceeds ANSI A118.10
- Meets or exceeds ANSI A118.12
Mixing Ratio: Single-component mix. Do not dilute or mix with additives.
195.5 sq. ft. (18 sq. m) per 3.5 gal. (13 L) unit, 2 coats over drywall
56.75 sq. ft. (5.27 sq. m) per 1 gal. (3.78 L) unit, 2 coats over drywall *
Coverage will vary with substrate surface profile, porosity and texture.
Working Time: Unlimited. Seal unused portion to prevent product from drying out.
Drying Time: First coat: 1 – 2 hours Second coat: 12 – 16 hours
Flood Test: The final coat must be fully cured (approximately 12 – 24 hours, depending on site conditions).
VOC: < 1 g/L, calculated SCAQMD Methods
Packaging: 3.5 gal. (13 L) pail; 1 gal. (3.78 L) pail, 1 gal. units sold in cartons of four (4).
Storage: Store in a cool, dry area. Do not expose container to sun. Keep from freezing.
Shelf Life: 12 months
Warranty: ARDEX L.P. Standard Limited Warranty applies.